DOT & Non-DOT Alcohol and Drug Testing
Everybody thinks of a chiropractor for back pain, but did you know Dr. Chipley of Chipley Chiropractic has quietly been building an occupational health service program for employee and employer services. Dr. Chipley believes everyone has a right to a Drug Free Workplace. We offer DOT and Non-DOT services. In southern WV we clearly have issues with drugs. We can help you and your company fight this problem.
Presently Chipley Chiropractic offers the following Employer and Employee Services :
Starting in January of 2015, we are now offering our 12 panel WV Mine Health Safety & Training approved test for $65 at our office at 409 N. Kanawha St in Beckley WV. Click Here to learn More.
The Following is included in our Pre-Employment Exams:
1. We discuss history of relevant injury, diagnostics and treatment.
2. We discuss medications and whether they are reasonable for a specific occupation. (This works great with a Non-DOT rapid 14-Drug Test to make sure the patient is being honest about medications). Dr. Chipley functions as the Medical Review Officer and will verify any legitimate positive findings.
3. We Take the potential employee thru range of motion and perform orthopedic testing to look for disc lesion (AKA Bad Backs and Necks).
4. We check blood pressure, pulse, height and weight (Body Mass Index).
5. We check Vision and Hearing
6. We offer a lifting test that includes floor to counter and counter to floor lifting based upon necessary single and/ or group lifting requirements.
7. Finally, we pull it all together in a report for the employer with a pass or fail reccomendation based on job function and the ability of the employee to perform required functions. We note any associated risk factors and the employer then has documentation of the employees capability and any related history affecting ability to perform job function. (This is a great way to rule out potential employees that need to be red flagged, especially when combined with a drug test). But it also offers you peace of mind because we ask point blank about previous injuries that could affect ability to perform job function. If there was an injury we ask about treatment and diagnostics. If they were treated and can perform functions of the job then they pass. But, the employer is aware of old treatment and possible diagnostics such as an MRI. If they are re-injured later, this could limit them blaming past damage on your company. If they lie about past treatment and diagnostics and they file a claim early on in employment, you have protected yourself by helping document fraud.
Chipley Chiropractic is a Government Approved (WV Department of Health) CLIA-Waived Lab
The simplest Drug free workplace program can include testing of new hires. You can expand your program to include testing of employees after an injury or prior to return to work if off work for a leave of absence or an injury. You can test for suspicious actions of an employee. You can add in Random employee drug testing or you can mandate all employees must be tested. How far you want to take it is up to you. You can even select the drugs that you want tested, from 1 drug or up to all 14 of our present rapid tests.
How expensive is it? It isn’t that expensive at all. Our rapid testing for pre-employment starts at $40 and it is $60 if you want lab confirmation of positive results. Any testing other than the pre-employment should include lab confirmation and is $60 per person to be tested. We will help you create a person in your company, usually a supervisor, to be the Designated Employee Representative (DER). We will train them on what is required to order a test. They will receive the results of the test and we will have a Medical Review Officer contact the employee and their physician where indicated prior to completing a test.
We can be there to perform a drug test for your company; or better yet… we will help you set up a simple and cost effective program that is compliant under the laws. We know your employees have rights, but we also know your rights to test.
Our Occupational Services Program was started in January of 2012 and has grown by leaps and bounds. We presently have many corporate clients in Retail, Construction and Mining. You can email Dr. Chipley directly by filling out the contact form to the right of this article or call the office at 304-252-0200 and talk to him directly about setting up a program for your company today.
Dr Chipley is a WV licensed Physician. He is Insured and he is trained and certified within this field. Why go to a non-certified center or a lab that does not have a licensed physician standing behind there protocols. Why use an out of state company for services when we are a local business. Why use an Express Medical Center where your employees often have to wait for 30 minutes to hours around sick individuals all to get herded in and out often by non certified assistants. Our office at 409 North Kanawha St. in Beckley WV is here to serve your occupational needs. Give Dr. Chipley a call at 304-252-0200 today.