Work Fitness Examinations
Non - DOT Work Fitness Exam / Pre-Employment Exam With Lift Test - $80
Dr. Chipley developed his Work fitness evaluation for Non-DOT Employers in an effort to try to prevent the hiring of At Risk employees. It was developed to look at multiple factors that could cause the potential employee to be a risk for the Employer.
The Following is included in our Pre-Employment Exams:
1. We discuss history of relevant injury, diagnostics and treatment.
2. We discuss medications and whether they are reasonable for a specific occupation. (This works great with a Non-DOT rapid 14-Drug Test to make sure the patient is being honest about medications). Dr. Chipley functions as the Medical Review Officer and will verify any legitimate positive findings.
3. We Take the potential employee thru range of motion and perform orthopedic testing to look for disc lesion (AKA Bad Backs and Necks).
4. We check blood pressure, pulse, height and weight (Body Mass Index).
5. We check Vision and Hearing
6. We offer a lifting test that includes floor to counter and counter to floor lifting based upon necessary single and/ or group lifting requirements.
7. Finally, we pull it all together in a report for the employer with a pass or fail reccomendation based on job function and the ability of the employee to perform required functions. We note any associated risk factors and the employer then has documentation of the employees capability and any related history affecting ability to perform job function. (This is a great way to rule out potential employees that need to be red flagged, especially when combined with a drug test). But it also offers you peace of mind because we ask point blank about previous injuries that could affect ability to perform job function. If there was an injury we ask about treatment and diagnostics. If they were treated and can perform functions of the job then they pass. But, the employer is aware of old treatment and possible diagnostics such as an MRI. If they are re-injured later, this could limit them blaming past damage on your company. If they lie about past treatment and diagnostics and they file a claim early on in employment, you have protected yourself by helping document fraud.
We set up corporate accounts for many businesses. Company's who have set up corporate accounts have done so for the following reasons:
1. For Consortium Random Testing Programs.
2. For Convenience of having employees enter our office for DOT CDL Fitness Exams.
3. For Convenience of sending employees in to our office for Pre-Employment Functional testing or drug and alcohol testing.
4. For management of a Drug Free Workplace Program with Pre-Employment Drug Testing and Random Post-Employment Testing.
Chipley Chiropractic is dedicated to helping employers remain compliant with rapidly changing DOT regulations. We also have developed a Non DOT Drug Free Workplace program. Just click here to learn about setting up a Drug Free Workplace Program. We have been here for employers and employees since 1995 and we look forward to continuing to serve your needs. For more on our occupational / Employer and Employee Services click here. Thanks for stopping by our website.